The Living Classroom Curriculum:Kindergarten, PDF
(Click to Download >>)
- Garden Greetings: Kindergartners embark upon an exploratory adventure in the school garden. This lesson provides students with the opportunity develop their observational skills while orienting them to the school garden.
- Soil Explorations: Students investigate the contents of soil and share their discoveries.
- Garden of Senses: Students explore their garden using their sense of smell, touch, and sight.
- Compare the Area of Leaves: Children are introduced to the idea of surface area and practice this abstract concept by measuring the area of a leaf with nonstandard units, such as beans, buttons, or bottle caps.
- Incredible Edibles: Students identify plant parts as they snack on them.
- It’s Autumn! Students taste several kinds of winter squash and describe each squash’s color, shape, taste, and texture. Students also make their own butter in jars in this fall-themed lesson